Here are a few links you should check out.
Other PHLUX sites (designed by PHLUX members)
Member sites that were around before P-net.
PHLUX Fan Pages and Sites
Made or know the URL to another PHLUX page? Put them here for all to see.
Cody's Guitar Lessons
This is Cody's Homepage.
PHLUX Gear and Hardware
The equipment PHLUX uses live and in the studio.
- Fender - Cody uses Fender Guitars, Amplifiers, and Floor Monitors.
- Carvin - Clint uses Carvin Basses.
- Dean - Clint and Cody use Dean Guitars and Basses.
- Ampeg - Clint uses Ampeg Bass Amplifiers.
- Pearl - Stu uses Pearl Drumsets.
- Morley - Clint & Cody use Morley Pedals.
- Shure - Clint & Cody use Shure Mics.
- AKG - Stu uses AKG Mics.
- Mackie - PHLUX uses Mackie Amplifiers.
- QSC - PHLUX uses QSC Amplifiers.
- Soundcraft - PHLUX uses Soundcraft Mixing Consoles.
- Duct Tape - PHLUX uses Silver Duct Tape.
- Straploks - Clint and Cody use Jim Dunlop Straploks.
- Dunlop - Cody uses Dunlop Electronics.
- Latin Percussion - Stu uses LP Cowbells.
- Pintech Electronic Drums - Stu uses a Pintech electronic drum set.
- Roland drum sound module - Stu uses the Roland TD-8.
- Boss Pedals - Cody uses Boss electronics.
- Wah Footwear - Shoes matched carefully with wahs. Yes!
Note: Dig the midi "Blackhole Sun" Runway Lounge Act music!!!
Attention Indie bands of the area: stick your website link here.
- Pushing Zero - the Official Website - Check out our friends in this super cool Maine band! These guys rule! We'll be playing a lot of shows with Pushing Zero... added by Cody Phipps
- Eldemur Krimm - Cool Portland Band. And Heavy. Oh so heavy... added by Clint Phipps
- Delta Knights, Maine's Rockin' Blues Band - The Delta Knights, based in Portland, Maine, are a diverse musical group, specializing in swing, R&B, classic rock, and blues. added by Rob Babson
- Who's the Fat Guy? - Here's a funk/groove band from Boston. 3-piece. Drums Bass Keyboards. groovay! added by Cody Phipps
- Thrust 13 - Our buddy Tim (who's on the new album) is in this band and they ROCK. added by Clint Phipps
- The Potown Underground - This is Anthony Fiandaca & co. project.. just getting off the ground.. added by Anthony Fiandaca
- WOW - I swear thats the band name. Phlux has played with these guys once or twice. added by Chris Hancock
- C60 - This is the band we played with on 2-10-01. They were cool guys and they definitely whomped some serious ass. Check them out. added by Clint Phipps
- SmokeBox - Original Popalicious Groove Metal from Central Maine.
- 6gig - Local Portland band.
- Arlo West & the L.A. Bluesmen - I saw these guys play live and I was impressed. Arlo West is a bluesman, maybe not quite what you're used to, but good music is good music. added by Clint Phipps
- Brainplow - Cool guys, heavy tunage, local original band, what more could you ask for? Good stuff.
- Miravie - Local Portland based band.
- 18 Speed Tranny - Official website of 18 Speed Tranny a heavy rock trio with a 70's heavy metal groove. Free downloads! added by Mike Rezbin
- Emptyhead - Emptyhead is a 5 piece original hard rock band based out of Portland, ME. Winners of the first annual WTOS Battle of the Bands. added by Keith Martin
- The Element - Band from Maine/New England area. Check em out. added by Clint Phipps
- Boombazi Homepage - The home of Portland's funk gnasty band: Boombazi added by greg happe
- The Official Site of Manila Reign - Manila Reign is a Maine based band that fuses Rock, pop, punk, metal and other styles into a new seamless mix. Their CD the Q.E.D. EP is available today. www.ManilaReign.com added by Jerediah
- Official Site of 5 ABOVE - Ani Difranco-esque acoustic driven feel with a marshall stacked blind melon quality. added by firstname.lastname@example.org
- IT Magazine - Maine's only rock rag! Big piece on Phlux by the ultra-talented Matt Morris! added by BIG Mama -
- Rhythm Ship - A funky band playing in the New England Region. added by Clint Phipps
- Ponerding Judd - Regional New England band. added by Clint Phipps
- Quandry official Site - A 3 piece band from Salem OR. Hard rock influnced by Tool, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, The Doors, Primus, System of a Down, and Rush. Check em out. added by Nate
- Amanda Phipps, Singer Songwriter - Clint and Cody's youngest sister?! Yup, she's got her own thang going, though she does still love to play tunes with her brothers... added by Amanda Phipps
Select venue sites where PHLUX has performed, will perform, or is interested in performing. See for yourself.
- Stone Coast Brewing Company - Portland venue for local, regional, and national acts.
Unfortunately, in Jan 2002 Stone Coast shut down unexpectedly. Will it reopen? Stay tuned...
- The Old Port Tavern - This Portland venue's been around for a while.
- University of Maine at Machias - UMM - Its always great to come back and perform here.
- The Big Easy - Portland's badass blues spot. One of the coolest stage setups in town. Sexygood blues music too.
- The Stone Church - Cool Place to play in Newmarket, NH.
- Cafe Eclipse - Check 'em out at 47 South Main St. Concord, NH.
- Drifters - A place in Nashua, NH.
- The Middle East - Yep. Look no further. This really is THE Middle East.
- The Midway Cafe - A place in the town of that famous tea party.
- Old Port Tavern - Another page for the OPT...
- The Edge - Cool all ages venue in Augusta, Maine.
- Dover Brick House - Venue in Dover, NH. Site has a list of acts that will be playing.
- The Barley Pub - A bar with live music in Dover, NH.
- The Zebra Cocktail Lounge - Great Music Vernue in Bozeman, MT. We played there on our First National Tour.
- Rick's Bar - A cool bar in Fargo, ND. We rocked this one on our First National Tour.
- DK's Lounge - Great split level bar with sunken stage and pit in Williston, ND. Rocked it hard on your First National Tour.
- Cozy Home Records - Jenny Penny's on this label... Cool.
A variety of sites dedicated to spreading the word for musicians. Some are local, some are global. Put your favorite Music sites here.
Radio Stations Supporting Local Music
These are stations that have the foresight to promote and grant airtime to local and indie bands. If you know a few that play local music, add them.
- WCYY - Portland music station in touch with the local scene. Listen to "Spinout", a show dedicated to music from New England bands.
- WMPG - The Portland USM campus radio station. Music from all genres, including local indie. Tune in.
- WMDI - Had some live phone inteviews here for PHLUXSTOCK '99. Cool Zappa show. CP Bros. played for the Zappa show, too.
- WERU - Maine station run by volunteers and donations.
- WUMM - The UMM campus station. No doubt a few PHLUX bootlegs are playing there.
- WBLM - 102.9 100K watts of electric radio excitement. This is the classic rock station of Portland, Maine. THEY PLAY ZEPPLIN, DUDE! added by Clint Phipps
- WFNX - 92.1 We don't really listen much to this station, but they've got some good coverage for southern maine. added by Clint Phipps
- DC101 - This is the site for DC's rock station. The one that doesn't play any "soft rock", gives away concert tickets, and takes you live to concerts in the area. It's a pretty cool site. added by Amity Drossel
The local music rag always has the best listings for bands and bars.
- The Portland Phoenix - One of the local Portland rags where you can find out about the night life.
- The Casco Bay Weekly - One of the original totally locally owned Portland paper for info on weekend enjoyment.
- Face Magazine - One of the longest running local Portland, Maine music publications.
- eGG Magazine - A msic Mag from Bar Harbor, ME.
- It Rock Rag - Check out this website article from IT magazine on PHLUX written by Matt Morris... Rock on! added by Cody Phipps
Get your fresh funny cartoons here!
There's nothing like them!
Going once, going twice...
Where do you buy, rent, or otherwise acquire musical gear 'round here? Check these cool links...
Organizations and Coalitions currently working to affect the future of your music and the futures of the musicians you enjoy.
Organizations and coalitions affecting the future of your music and the future of the Record Labels' role in the music industry.
Awesome Sculptures (& the Artists who make them)
This is a new category for friends of PHLUX who know cool sculptors and whatnot... ya, more later...
Luthiers, instrument makers, etc.
People who build instruments are just as cool (if not cooler) than those who play them. Usually, these cats do both. They are great pickers with a desire to build upon and advance the art of the instrument. That, or its just shear love and dedication to the idea and art of instrument building: making something with your bare hands that will bring years of joy to many many other people, both players, and listeners alike.
- Jenny's Guitar - This is a guitar (and mandolin)luthier I know personally. The martin copy she made from scratch, essentially, is an exceptionally playable and beautiful sounding instrument. It has great tone and timbre, the dynamic range is astounding, and the playability and "touch" is exceptional. Not bad for her first guitar build...
I look forward to the next. Anyone who wants to buy a beautifully handcrafted instrument would be happy with one from Jen, IMHO... added by Cody Phipps
- 3D Modelling - Luthiers Automation (LA) develops 3D DESIGNS for musical instruments. We build 3D models of instruments such as Guitars, Mandolins, and Violins. added by webmaster