Ok. my band is my sister (guitar), my neigbor (bass), and me (drums/lead vocals). We have had 4 band names before, and we really need help. the style of music is undefined yet (we only have like 7 or 8 songs now), and we need a band name. We came up with Jimmy smiles, juice box, and Ace as our favorite 3 names, and I came up with Jimmy's juice box. should we use jimmy's juice box, or do you have a good band name? well help us the hell out!
1) "Define" your music.
2) "Define" your target audience.
3) Make a list of your favorite 100 names.
4) Do a statistical analysis of the covergences between the style of music, the desires of the audiences, and the probability of success.
5) Make a pros and cons sheet for each of the top 20 names.
6) Throw all of this away and pick the one you like. Rules 1-5 are completely useless except as an exercise to help you figure that out.
7) Whichever one you pick, make sure no one has it, and for practical purposes it helps if the web address is available.
8) Remember that there are no rules to Rock and Roll.
9) Therefore ponder the question: How can you break rules if there are none?
10) While you're at the pondering, ponder the question: What's in a name? It will haunt you for as long as you have one.